A bill to amend Federal Character Commission (FCC) Act to give married women the option to choose indigeneship and other related matters, passed a second reading at the House of Representatives on Wednesday.
Rivers State, Port Harcourt has been in total blackout. This is because youths from Oyigbo Local Government area of the State shut down transmission from Afam Power Plant.
The youths under the aegis of Oyigbo Youths Assembly said they are protesting the refusal of the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company, PHEDC to supply power to communities hosting the Afam Power Station. The youths claimed that host communities do not pay for power, adding that they are entitled to free power supply.
Reacting to the protest, spokesman of the PHEDC, Mr. John Onyi said Oyigbo, the host community was disconnected because of their refusal to pay for supply. Onyi said communities around Afam is owing PHEDC over five billion Naira just as he appealed to the youths to vacate the Afam Transmission Station to allow for the return of normal activities to the State. The communities around that Afam have not paid a dime. They are currently owing us about five point eight billion naira and they have been…
1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.
2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.
3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.
4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.
5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.
6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest bec…
The suspended Director General of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC ), Munir Gwarzo has said that the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun called him to her office and told him to stop the forensic investigation and the suspension placed on Oando Plc asking him to resign or risk being suspended.
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has reiterated his call for the decentralisation and depoliticization of security services as a way of resolving the deadly security challenges facing the country.
The governor noted that that the security services as presently constituted cannot address the security challenges facing the country, where lives are wasted regularly, while governors are helpless.
Speaking during the 9th General Assembly of the National Council of Traditional Rulers of Nigeria on Tuesday in Port Harcourt, Governor Wike said that the Rivers State Government has taken steps to improve her security through the setting up of a neighbourhood watch.
He said: "For us in Rivers State, our position on State and community policing is very clear. While we join our voices to other well-meaning Nigerians to strongly and emphatically demand for the decentralization and depoliticization of security services, we are also not resting on the back of helplessness to do nothing.
The Caretaker Chairman of ONELGA Barrister Osi Olisa said Don Wanny's younger brother Oluchi Igwe Dibia AKA OBATAOSU, who was shot dead yesterday by a combine team of the Nigerian Army and the DSS in Edo State.
He wrote to the council last week saying he knows he was going to die but before they kill him he will attack Schools, Churches and Markets in ONELGA.while describing the NEW year day attack in ONELGA which led to the death of 2 scores as a rehearsal to his next round of attacks.